This statement details how we handle personal data here at baamboom. We are respectful of the data that is shared with us by our members and take protecting it very seriously.baamboom is made in Swiss and as a company based in the European Union we are firmly committed to meeting and often exceeding European data protection standards for all our members wherever possible. Please take the time to read these details to fully understand how we handle your data and keep it safe.
Till late Holding sagl Via Livio 8 6830 Chiasso Switzerland You can reach out to us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes data submitted by yourself such as your name, age, gender, telephone number and your email address and details such as your mobile device identifiers. Personal data also extends to message content such as messages, image messages, voice messages, comments.
Your data is handled according to the following legal provisions:
- With regard to data communicated in forms, etc. with your consent, Art. 6(1) (a) GDPR;
- With regard to services you use for the performance of a contract, Art. 6(1) (b) GDPR
- With regard to messages you share with your baamboom partners, both in one-on-one chats and group chats, based on their legitimate interests, Art 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Otherwise, with particular regard to statistical data and online identifiers based on legitimate interests, Art 6(1)(f) GDPR (see below).
When handling your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- Providing and improving our service;
- Protecting against misuse;
- Statistics and service analytics;
- Data Sources.
Unless otherwise specified, we obtain the data from you (including via devices used by you).
Purposes of Use
Personal data will only be collected by us to the extent and for the purpose for which you provide the data to us, e.g. for registering an account.
We use and store your personal data as part of our services for the following purposes:
- To create a public user profile for you on baamboom;
- To provide a curated community, where access is restricted to members only. We take best efforts to prevent abuse and ban offenders, as soon as we are made aware;
- To send information relevant to the service, e.g. via email or push notification (e.g. updates on your membership status);
- To target ads in the app;
- To find baamboom clubs nearby;
- To understand how baamboom is used and optimize the service;
- To help keep our community safe, friendly and accountable in both one-on-one chats and group chats.
We use your personal information only within the company and forward it only to those companies that are involved in performing the contracts concluded with you or otherwise involved in providing the relevant service. (e.g. baamboom clubs).
We forward the following customer data to third parties:
- To analyze how baamboom is used by our members and optimize the service and design, pseudonymous usage and personal data is shared with Google Analytics.
- To communicate information relevant to the service via email or push notification, names, device IDs, email addresses and other personal information may be shared with Firebase Messagging.
- To make ads more personal, we may share personal but anonymized information, such as age and gender, preferred music, location.
- Both iOS and Android devices allow you to opt out of the use of mobile advertising identifiers for purposes of showing you targeted ads. For iOS, go to your iOS device settings and turn on the “limit ad tracking” setting. For Android, turn on “opt out of ads personalization” in your Android device settings.
We create baamboom member profiles based on your login data and also use these profiles and the information they contain, provided by you, for the following purposes:
- We create a public member profile for you on baamboom. Elements of your profile, including your first name, age, profile picture, personal description, can be seen only by verified community members.
- In order to keep baamboom a safe place, we take violations of our community rules very seriously. Therefore, we may retain anonymous personal identifiers for up to 24 months and might prevent access to the community on this basis during this period.
To provide the functionality and for usage analytics and marketing purposes, we record information about activities on our apps and websites (e.g. music preferences). For this purpose, a cookie may be stored on your device. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s/device hard drive. They enable recognition of your computer but do not permit you to be personally identified. You can edit, hide and delete personal data in the My Profile settings within the baamboom app. Also, you can request the deletion of your account or ask for certain profile information to be changed via baamboom customer support (email@example.com).
We have taken extensive technical and organizational measures to secure your data against potential risks, such as unauthorized login or access, unauthorized perusal, amendment or distribution, and against loss, deletion or misuse. In order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access by third parties when being transmitted, we secure data transmissions, if necessary, using SSL and TLS encryption. This is a standard encryption procedure for online and mobile services, particularly for the Internet. Regarding video and audio chats: we will not monitor, record or broadcast video and audio chat sessions at any time. However, we cannot prevent your chat partners from broadcasting live or recorded chat sessions without your or our permission through third party websites or services. We recommend that you exercise caution in disclosing any information, personal or otherwise, during a video or chat session.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Children under 18 are not allowed to use baamboom. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may only use baamboom if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of baamboom has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using baamboom and you don’t want them to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and similar technologies are very small text documents or pieces of code that often contain a unique identification code. When you visit a website or use a mobile application, a computer asks your computer or mobile device for permission to save this file on your computer or mobile device and gain access to information. Informations collected through cookies and similar technologies may include the date and time of the visit and how you use a particular website or mobile application. We need cookies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information; (c) to provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) to monitor and aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (e) to diagnose or fix technology problems; (f) to help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; (g) to keep you logged in; and (h) to keep the baamboom community safe for members. Registration and Authentication
By registering or authenticating, users allow baamboom to identify them securely and give them access to its services. Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, baamboom will be able to access some data stored by these third-party services for registration or identification purposes, with the user’s explicit consent:
This type of service allows baamboom to monitor the use and behavior of its service components, so its features, performance, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting can be improved. Which Personal Data are processed depends on the characteristics and mode of implementation of these services, whose function is to filter the activities of baamboom.
Managing Contacts and Sending Messages
This type of service makes it possible to communicate with users outside of the app, e.g. via push notifications and email. They may manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the user. These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the user, as well as when the user interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Web and Mobile Analytics
baamboom may collect, use, and share user location data in order to provide location-based services. Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt out from this feature by default. If explicit authorization has been provided, the user’s location data may be tracked in order for baamboom to show baamboom Clubs partners nearby or on a city map, with city-by-city granularity. baamboom will never show your precise location to other members. Personal data collected: geographic position.
Content Performance and Features Testing (A/B testing)
As a baamboom user, you have the right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage with regard to your personal data. More specifically:
- You have the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
- You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
You reach us as follows: Till late Holding sagl, Via Livio 8, Hanomaghof 2, 6830 Chiasso Swiss or at email@example.com. We undertake to reply to questions relating to data protection within five business days.